Dandruff is a common scalp condition that causes the skin to flake. It is not contagious and is not a sign of poor hygiene. Dandruff is caused by a buildup of dead skin cells on the scalp. This buildup can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Dry skin: Dandruff is more common in people with dry skin.
- Yeast: A type of yeast called Malassezia can also contribute to dandruff.
- Stress: Stress can also make dandruff worse.
- Hormonal changes: Dandruff can be more common in women during pregnancy and menopause.
- Certain medications: Some medications, such as lithium and steroids, can also cause dandruff.
Dandruff is usually mild and can be treated with over-the-counter dandruff shampoos. These shampoos typically contain ingredients that help to remove dead skin cells and reduce the growth of Malassezia. If over-the-counter shampoos do not work, you may need to see a doctor for prescription medication.
Here are some tips to help prevent dandruff:
- Wash your hair regularly: Wash your hair with a dandruff shampoo at least twice a week.
- Use a conditioner: A conditioner can help to moisturize your scalp and prevent it from drying out.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair, such as bleach and hair dye. These chemicals can irritate your scalp and make dandruff worse.
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet can help to keep your skin healthy and reduce your risk of dandruff.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep can help to reduce stress, which can make dandruff worse.
Time Duration: 30 Min ( Scalp Cleaning Treatment )
Book an Appointment
Hair Transplant and Skin Care Treatment
Take the First Step Towards Restoring Your Hair and Achieving Healthy Skin